Yoga Retreat - Om....
At the beginning of May, my friend Carey and I went to a yoga retreat at a cute little resort in Old Frontenac. It was awesome. It was so great to concentrate on yoga and learn some new stuff...and I was happy that I could keep up with the class. I haven't been doing yoga much lately unfortunately. I almost wimped out at the last class but toughed it out - I didn't know how much more my body was going to tolerate without needing a week to recover. But we ended on a really nice, relaxing note - and we all left the retreat positive, happy and sore (at least I did!).
And, yes, I missed my Julia TERRIBLY! It was my first time away from her. I survived...and my fear that she would think I abandoned her and would be mad at me did not happen. When I came home and got her up from nap, she wrapped her little arms around my neck and put her cheek up to mine. Aw!
Getting ready for class
Carey!
Our puzzle that we were so proud to have finished in one night
Carey in front of the cabin the ladies slept in. I forgot what it was like to sleep in a room with several people - I developed a few techniques to get someone sleeping above you in the top bunk to stop snoring (BTW - it wasn't Carey). Fun times!
And, yes, I missed my Julia TERRIBLY! It was my first time away from her. I survived...and my fear that she would think I abandoned her and would be mad at me did not happen. When I came home and got her up from nap, she wrapped her little arms around my neck and put her cheek up to mine. Aw!
Getting ready for class
Carey!
Our puzzle that we were so proud to have finished in one night
Carey in front of the cabin the ladies slept in. I forgot what it was like to sleep in a room with several people - I developed a few techniques to get someone sleeping above you in the top bunk to stop snoring (BTW - it wasn't Carey). Fun times!

1 Comments:
This was the BEST. WEEKEND. EVER. And not just because I was there. :-) It was so much fun hanging out and having time to do our own thing--and loads of yoga! And the food...oh, boy! Ahh, memories! :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home